News Update: Taylor Swift has seven GRAMMY nominations!
Shut the front door. There’s a draft.
In case you live under a rock, you probably have heard about Taylor Swift’s critically acclaimed album, 1989, still making the rounds in the top charts. Finally eligible, the album and all the Enchantress’ hard work are about to pay off after more than a year since its release. The eligibility period for the 58th Annual Grammy Awards is October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015. Unmatched for an entire year, 1989 only recently came down to the second spot after Adele’s 25 album (which is not eligible for this run). The grand total of nominations for Taylor consist of seven:
- Album of the Year – ‘1989’
- Record of the Year – ‘Blank Space’
- Song of the Year – ‘Blank Space’
- Best Pop Solo Performance – ‘Blank Space’
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance – ‘Bad Blood’
- Best Pop Vocal Album – ‘1989’
- Best Music Video – ‘Bad Blood’
Her chances? Depends on the voters’ frame of mind here. There’s the whole “she already won seven” mentality and we want to reward talent there’s plenty of other artists. But 1989 represents a departure for the Blonde With The 1989 Microphone in which she pushed herself to create something different. If we go by talent, quality, sales and chart domination, it shines. It’s a strong, if not the strongest entry that Taylor has made to her music. I believe her chances are good. We shall see if the Academy rewards them. Of course, there’s more than Album of the Year as well. We’ll see how many of those entries light up for the Sparkly Dressed.
The Enchantress performed the first of two shows in Adelaide today, December 7. A second one is due tomorrow, December 8.
Coming up in the Calendar:
- December 7: The 1989 World Tour – Adelaide, Australia – Entertainment Center.
- December 8: The 1989 World Tour – Adelaide, Australia – Entertainment Center.
- December 10: The 1989 World Tour – Melbourne, Australia – AAMI Park.
- December 11: The 1989 World Tour – Melbourne, Australia – AAMI Park.
- December 12: The 1989 World Tour – Melbourne, Australia – AAMI Park.
(Sources: 58th Annual Grammy Awards)